Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tshirt Crafts!

I'm really startin to become obsessed with Tshirt crafts! I think it's really awesome to go to Goodwill, buy a 99 cent Tshirt and repurpose it into something cool and unique. It's fun, it's creative and it's recyling!!!!

I was researching some handmade Christmas gifts and I came across the idea for braided Tshirt bracelets..... I had to try.

Here's the how to post. - It's a bit of a winding road, but I did, in fact, find this through Pinterest (typical!).

This is one of those posts where the tutorial that I used is so awesome, that I didn't dare duplicate it! - It also means that I had to concentrate to follow it so I didn't take progress pictures! :-)

Here are my bracelets:



After I was done with the bracelets, there was a lot of tshirt left, so I thought I'd just goof around and see what I can do with it. Here's what the rest of the tshirt looked like....

I thought the neckline was really cute and if I just cut it out right, it might make a cute little necklace. I ended up using the top half of the aplique and then used the back of the shirt as to tie the "necklace."
Also, I cut the rest of the bottom (up to the armpits) in about 1" strips (they were like big circles) and then stretched them out, and doubled them up for a little layered strand look. I used the rest of the flower aplique to add a little punch.

Here's what I ended up with at the end of the night....


I think the neckline piece, would look really cute over a turtle neck. I'll take a picture whenever I wear it!

Here's a close up of the strand necklace:


Can you see my polka dot slippers in the bottom corner :) Yes, this is how I spend my Friday nights!

Here's another pic of the 3 bracelets:


I made one for me, one for my sissy and the last for my friend Laura.

I even have enough purple tshirt left to make a couple of flower pins! Then I can actually blog those for you all!

Any tshirt crafts you'd like me to try?

Let me know!!

2 comments:

  1. CUTE CUTE CUTE!! Now I know what I can do with some of those t-shirts I have that I might not want anymore or that I find at garage sales!! THANKS for the GREAT ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I'm so glad that you enjoyed the post! Make sure you check out "Tshirt Scarf" and "Tshirt Flowers" for more ideas!

    ReplyDelete